State Project Lead - Benin, Nigeria
|Location||Benin, Edo State, Nigeria|
|Sector||EducationPublic Sector / Not For Profit|
- To drive the successful implementation of a Regional Project, we are recruiting for a State Project Lead. The project combines the expansion of education initiatives in Edo State with technology and community development.
As the State Project Lead for a life-changing organisation, you are the focal point and responsible for the timely implementation of each phase ensuring that internal and external stakeholders are being carried through the process seamlessly.
This includes managing the budget, liaising with the heads of the business units ensuring that project objectives are met as well as identifying opportunities, foreseeing risks, and providing contingency plans if need be.
We are looking for a certified Project Manager who has had experience leading large projects at a Regional or state level. A professional who has managed large budgets and managed large multi-discipline teams and a true team player who doesn’t mind getting their hands dirty.
You would need to be meticulous and operate a lean process - How can we provide excellence with sustainability whilst being cost effective? You should demonstrate the ability to implement this at all times.
It is also imperative that you’re a team player with excellent people management skills, as you will be regularly dealing with everyone from field officers to the Executive board members and external government agencies
- Master’s degree in public policy, education, or related field in social sciences.
- At least 10 years of progressively responsible experience working in project management and design in developing countries, preferably including experience in the state to which you will be assigned.
- At least five (5) years of management experience, including direct supervision of professional and support staff and assembling teams working in multi-faceted roles including field-based roles
- Prior experience within a fast-paced, metric driven consulting or educational organization will be an advantage
- Strong management skills, leadership qualities, professional reputation, ability to build or access key contacts within the State Universal Basic Education Board (SUBEEB) or equivalent local and state regulatory bodies
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with government representatives, for-profit private sector entities, local community organizations, donors, consortium members and other stakeholders, at national and sub-national levels.
- Respect and sensitivity towards cultural, gender, ethnicity and religious diversity
- Maturity and confidence in dealing with high ranking official of government institutions, international institutions and non- government institutions
- Demonstrated excellent communications and writing abilities and superior interpersonal and cross-cultural communication skills
- Demonstrated hands-on experience in building Ministry of Education and devolved structures capacity in developing and realizing education strategic plans to provide quality Education services is a plus
- Passion for education, you have to be an advocate for the fight that all children to succeed