Academic Director - Lagos, Nigeria
- We are looking for an Academic Director whose ethos is to dedicate their quota to improve the level of education in Nigeria. Our client is a game-changer that has dedicated their entire operations to providing quality education and has had great success globally and more recently in Nigeria. As they continue to expand their presence in Nigeria, they are currently recruiting for an experienced Academic who has embraced 21st century learning techniques.
The Academic Director will serve as an in-country academic consultant to the global team and head the Academic Business units in Nigeria. The successful candidate will be responsible for leading the execution and interdepartmental coordination of the core academic program and provide feedback to the curriculum team, in order to improve learning outcomes and culturally contextualize what is taught.
Managing the Academics team in Lagos which is divided into Curriculum, Field Work, Measurement and Evaluation (M&E), Instructional Leadership, and Innovation; The Academic Director is responsible for overseeing its seamless functionality so its’ essential that the candidate must be a thought leader who has managed multi-discipline teams previously and can demonstrate excellent people management skills.
Sitting on the Executive Management team, the Academic Director would be the focal academic representative of the brand with key national stakeholders, including the Ministry of Education and other government education officials
The ideal candidate would be a candidate who is data driven and bases all case studies/advocacies on factual data. That means you would have to demonstrate your ability to conduct necessary market and regulatory research to devise instructional systems and policies (timetable, teacher specialty configurations, retention policies, exam and placement policy.
- Bachelor’s degree in Education or related field, graduate degrees preferred
- 10 years’ experience working in education. 2 or more years of teaching experience with evidence of outsized student learning gains is an added advantage, as well as memberships with professional education bodies.
- Demonstrate thought leadership and excellent people management with previous experience managing multi-discipline teams
- Excellent and articulate communication skills with experience managing c-level executives, public sector officials, and international delegates
- Experience working in the education sector in Nigeria – international experience is an added advantage
- A data-driven individual with experience developing and managing cultures of high performance and high expectations. You must be a great academic leader who understands exceptional instruction and can motivate and support others in realizing a vision of academic excellence. Ideal candidates have worked in organizations with a proven track record of generating large learning gains.
- Be a self-starter and problem-solver, who thinks three and four steps ahead.
- Be hard working and collaborative, with the tenacity to plough through challenges and an appreciation for teamwork toward achieving a shared vision.
- Be both detailed and results-oriented, driven by the data that will allow us to know what is working and what isn’t working for kids